What are cookies and why do we use them?
To give you a few examples, cookies "remind" us of such basic and useful information as your user name and password so you can log on to the site automatically without having to re-enter them, your default browser language and the most popular destinations for tourists with search criteria similar to yours, as well as such important information as that which enables us to display advertisements in accordance with your browsing habits so they will correspond as closely as possible to your interests.
You can rest assured that the cookies used on this Website are only associated with an anonymous user and that user's computer, without providing any of the user's personal information.
Many of the cookies we use are exempt from obligatory disclosure, as the AEPD (Spanish Data Protection Agency) considers them to be ""essential"" (for example, the user login cookies that enable you to avoid filling out online forms in every website you visit). However, in the case of other types, it is important for you to be well-informed, which is why you should read this information. Nevertheless, we are fully committed to our clients: if you have any questions or concerns after reading this information, please do not hesitate to write to us and we will respond as quickly as possible. You can contact us by mail at Calle Gran Vía No. 22 4th right Madrid, Spain, by fax at 902196339, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you still have questions concerning cookies, you can also access the following link to the Interactive Advertising Bureau: http://www.iab.net/.
What types of cookies might you find on Destinia.com?
First, we need to inform you about the various types of cookies. You should bear in mind that on Destinia.com, you may find both our own cookies, set by us, and third-party cookies, set by our partners, providers and collaborators, which enable you, for example, to interact with any advertising you may find on our Website. There are also session cookies and tracking cookies. The former compile and store data while you are on the website (for example, your shopping cart), and the latter enable data to be stored and remain accessible for a longer period of time.
According to the purpose for which they collect data, on Destinia.com, you may find the following types of cookies:
- Essential or authentication cookies: Without these, we would not be able to work together, and you would not be able to access all of the features of our Website. They enable you to navigate the Website and use the various features and services it contains, for example, controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, entering areas with restricted access, remembering the products and services contained in an order, completing the purchasing process, applying to register for or participate in in an event, using security features during browsing and storing audio or video broadcast content. Without cookies, we would have no way of knowing what services you have already selected when choosing others (they improve your experience on our Website, for example, by helping us remember that you have already chosen a flight while you're looking for hotels so that you do not have to pay for each service separately).
- Analytics cookies: These cookies, which may be managed by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform statistical measurements and analysis of your use of the offered services: they enable us to understand how you interact with our Website and determine which content and advertising campaigns appeal to you the most. In short, they guide us in providing content that truly interests you and in making that content as accessible to you as possible. To do this, we analyse your navigation of our Webpage with the goal of improving the selection of products and services we offer you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies, which may be managed by us or by third parties, allow us to manage the advertisements in Destinia.com as effectively as possible, adapting the advertising content to the services you request or to your usage of our Webpage. To do this, we may analyse your web browsing habits and show you advertisements related to your navigation profile.
- Social network cookies: These are a type of authentication cookie that enables you to share our content through the social networks you belong to. They are managed directly by the selected social network, and without them, it would be impossible to share the information we show you with your friends and acquaintances.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies enable storing information on users' activity throughout a single browsing session, presenting advertisements that are directly related to their interests or to the searches they have previously performed on other websites.
The cookies used on Destinia.com are detailed in the table below:
|Name of the cookie||¿Quién trata la cookie?||Description of the cookie||Expiration||Type of cookie|
|basic_html||Destinia||Necessary for the correct functioning of the website||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|destinia_enhances||Destinia||Website internal configuration||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|info_localizacion||Destinia||User preferences (language, currency code, etc)||15 days||Authentication cookie|
|destinia_pref||Destinia||User preferences (language, currency code, etc)||45 days||Authentication cookie|
|user_language||Destinia||User preferences (language, currency code, etc)||45 days||Authentication cookie|
|iphone_native||Destinia||Identifies the iPhone device||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|mobile_version||Destinia||Allows mobile devices identification||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|PHPSESSID||Destinia||Necessary for the correct functioning of the website||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|ref||Destinia||Identifica la página desde la cual el visitante entra en la web.||15 days||Authentication cookie|
|remite||Destinia||Used for identifying whether the used accessed the site directly or coming from another site.||45 days||Authentication cookie|
|remite_travel||Destinia||Used for identifying whether the used accessed the site directly or coming from another site.||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|where||Destinia||Necessary for the correct functioning of the website||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|cookie_information||Destinia||Stores if the cookies information popup has been shown to the user.||365 days||Authentication cookie|
|searcher_data||Destinia||Contains the details of the last search performed by the user||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|search||Destinia||Contains the details of the last search performed by the user||7 days||Authentication cookie|
|last_search||Destinia||Contains the details of the last search performed by the user||7 days||Authentication cookie|
|hotel_last_landing||Destinia||Contains the details of the last search performed by the user||1 days||Analytics cookie|
|transition||Destinia||Reservation system config item||30 days||Authentication cookie|
|expopt||Destinia||This cookie is used to perform A/B tracking to compare the results achieved using different creative/content.||2 days||Authentication cookie|
|cosmos||Destinia||Contains user segmentation information||45 days||Authentication cookie|
|uniqueCookie||Destinia||User language preference||1 months||Authentication cookie|
|PLAY_LANG||Destinia||User language preference||1 months||Authentication cookie|
|tracking_statistics||Destinia||Authentication cookie for login function||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|u||Destinia||Authentication cookie for “Remember me” function at login||1 months||Authentication cookie|
|mkt_pref||Destinia||User follow-up and actions up to the reservation process||45 days||Authentication cookie|
|cosmos_track_url||Destinia||User’s originating page.||7 days||Authentication cookie|
|transport_flight||Destinia||Contains the details of the last search performed by the user||7 days||Authentication cookie|
|transport_train||Destinia||Contains the details of the last search performed by the user||8 days||Authentication cookie|
|transport_ads||Destinia||Cookie used for commercial purposes in order to perform price comparisons using the flight finder||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|transport_and_hotel||Destinia||Contains the details of the last search performed by the user||7 days||Authentication cookie|
|header_signup_balloon||Destinia||Website internal configuration||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|hotels_notifications||Destinia||Website internal configuration||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|SSLB||Destinia||Necessary for the correct functioning of the website||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|uid||Destinia||Identifies the user anonymously||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|book_data||Destinia||This will speed up the reservation process in the event of an error.||End of session||Authentication cookie|
|anj||adnxs.com||The anj cookie contains data denoting whether a cookie ID is synced with our partners. ID syncing enables our partners to use their data from outside the Platform on the Platform. (See http://www.appnexus.com/platform-policy for more info.)||90 days||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|uuid2||adnxs.com||This cookie contains a unique randomly-generated value that enables the Platform to distinguish browsers and devices. It is matched against information such as advertising interest segments and histories of ads shown in the browser or device provided by clients or other third parties and stored on the Platform. This information is used by clients to select advertisements for delivery by the Platform, and to measure the performance of, and attribute payment for, those advertisements. In addition, to enable clients to use non-PII they collect outside the Platform or acquire from other third parties, this cookie is sometimes matched to clients or other third parties cookies that contain such non-PII. For more information about information collected and used on the Platform, see http://www.appnexus.com/platform-policy.||365 days||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|sess||adnxs.com||The sess cookie contains a single non-unique value: "1". It is used by the Platform to test whether a browser is configured to accept cookies from AppNexus.||24 days||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|mf_session||Mouseflow||A cookie used by Mouseflow to track the beginning and ending times of the client's browsing session. Mouseflow tracks mouse movements, clicks, scrolls, and keystrokes. This information is anonymous and is never used by third parties.||End of session||Analytics cookie|
|WRUID||ClickTale||This cookie is used to anonymously identify a visitor of the Website for the purpose of enabling the ClickTale software to track such visitor?s actions across the client?s website. ClickTale may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as text you type in this website. This site does not use ClickTale to collect any personally identifiable information entered in this website. ClickTale does not track your browsing habits across web sites which do not use ClickTale services. We are using the information collected by ClickTale service to help us improve the way this website works. For more information, see http://www.clicktale.com/privacy_service.aspx.||365 days||Analytics cookie|
|utag_main||Convertro and Tealium||This cookie enable the function of Tealium software. This helps us to collect anonymous, aggregated visitor information including the number of visits and page views that arise from marketing activity. The data stored in these cookies is only used internally and never shows any confidential information.||2 years||Analytics cookie|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Convertro and Tealium||This session cookie is configured to let HotJar know whether the visitor is included in the sample used to create funnels or heatmaps||End of session||Analytics cookie|
|_hjUserId||Convertro and Tealium||Identifies the user anonymously||1 years||Analytics cookie|
|_ym_visorc_30166914||Yandex||To gather information on how visitors use the website||End of session||Analytics cookie|
|cookie_born||Digilant||This cookie is used by the Digilant advertising platform to provide customized advertisements. It gathers anonymous data from visitors, such as the browser type, the Internet provider's server name and the website visit history.||5 years||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|c||Bidswitch||BidSwitch cookies gather information on website traffic and interactions with the site. In this way, we can offer users a better experience||2 years||Analytics cookie|
|tuuid||Bidswitch||BidSwitch cookies gather information on website traffic and interactions with the site. In this way, we can offer users a better experience||2 years||Analytics cookie|
|OVHCDN||Heatmap||Used to generate anonymous reports on the website content users are the most interested in||2 days||Authentication cookie|
|KRTBCOOKIE_*||Pubmatic||PubMatic cookies store information on the pages visited by users with the goal of facilitating browsing and displaying more personalised information more efficiently||1 months||Advertising cookie|
|PUBMDCID||Pubmatic||PubMatic cookies store information on the pages visited by users with the goal of facilitating browsing and displaying more personalised information more efficiently||3 months||Advertising cookie|
|ctSessionConversion||Clicktripz||For more information on these cookies, visit http://www.clicktripz.com/privacy_policy.php||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|i||Openx||OpenX cookies gather information with the goal of optimising the effectiveness of advertisements||1 years||Analytics cookie|
|id||Yieldlab||Yieldlab cookies are used to record how long and how often advertisements are shown, as well as the operating system and browser versions||1 days||Analytics cookie|
|etuix||Eulerian||This cookie uses a fully anonymised user ID to be able to track, for analytical purposes, Destinia's website traffic data, which will be used later on to offer a better user experience and a personalised contact with the customer.||6 months||Analytics cookie Advertising cookie|
|__cfduid||CloudFlare||This cookie has been established by CloudFlare to identify reliable website traffic. It doesn’t correspond to any user ID in the web app, nor does it save any personally identifiable information.||12 months||Authentication cookie|
|MUID||Bing||Identifies the user anonymously||24 months||Analytics cookie|
|MUIDB||Bing||Identifies the user anonymously||24 months||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|fr||These cookies are used by Google to display advertisements that are more personalized||24 months||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|*||For more information on these cookies, visit http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/ y https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage||Analytics cookie / Authentication cookie / Behavioural advertising cookie|
|*||TripAdvisor||For more information on these cookies, visit https://www.tripadvisor.com||Authentication cookie / Behavioural advertising cookie|
|*||Rocket Fuel||For more information on these cookies, visit http://rocketfuel.com/es/privacy/||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|*||Criteo||For more information on these cookies, visit https://www.criteo.com/privacy/||Behavioural advertising cookie|
|*||Rubiconproject||For more information on these cookies, visit http://rubiconproject.com/privacy-policy/||Analytics cookie|
|*||Travelaudience||For more information on these cookies, visit https://travelaudience.com/product-privacy-policy/||Behavioural advertising cookie|
How to enable, disable or delete cookies
In any case, enabling, disabling or deleting cookies in your browser is easy. Let's look at the most common browser types:
- If you use Internet Explorer 8.0+:
- Select ""Internet Options"" on the ""Tools"" menu.
- Click on the ""Privacy"" tab.
- Select the desired level of privacy by moving the cursor to one of the six positions corresponding to how many cookies you wish to allow.
- You can also use the following link http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- If you use Firefox 4.0+:
- Select ""Options"" from the ""Tools"" menu.
- Select ""Privacy"" in the upper menu bar.
- Choose the desired option.
- You can also use the following link http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- If you use Google Chrome:
- On the menu, under ""Settings"", select ""Show Advanced Options"".
- Select ""Content Settings"" under ""Privacy"".
- You can also use the following link https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- If you use Safari:
- Open ""Safari"" and select ""Preferences"" under ""Settings"".
- Open the ""Privacy"" tab.
- In the ""Block Cookies"" section, select the option that best suits your needs.
- You can also use the following link http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
The only way to withdraw your consent once you have given it is by deleting the cookies that have already been downloaded. To do this, follow the instructions above. There are also tools that can help you detect and disable cookies in each website you visit. One of these is ""Ghostery"".